“A smile is the same as sunshine; it banishes winter from the human countenance.” Victor Hugo
Winter in Merano and environs
Our holiday region is home to five diverse winter sports areas, from nostalgic family ski resorts to the ski resort on the glacier. The best-kept secret is our enchanting local mountain, Monte San Vigilio, or you can take the cable car and soar up to the Merano 2000 ski area. The valley is also perfect for a leisurely stroll, with promenades and walking trails.
- Skiers and snowboarders have a huge choice of slopes and snowparks to suit all levels of ability
- Explore the pristine beauty of nature while ski touring, cross-country skiing or snowshoeing
- Whiz down the natural tracks on a toboggan
- Ice skating rink in the romantic Gola di Lana canyon
- Christmas promenade in the spa town of Merano
- Sterntaler Christmas market in Lana
- Advent moments in Lana. Experience the enchanting Christmas atmosphere and feel the Advent spirit come alive.
- Pools and saunas in the Merano Thermal Baths